Technetix has an impact on the broader community in which it operates. We are committed to taking responsibility for our actions and encourage a positive contribution towards improving standards for our customers, employees, suppliers, and stakeholders.
By putting a corporate social responsibility (CSR) policy into practice, we are committed, wherever possible, to:
- Conducting ourselves responsibly and in an ethical manner
- Creating a positive and supportive working environment
- Supporting local communities
- Improving service levels to customers
- Acting fairly in our dealings with suppliers and key stakeholders
- Minimising our impact on the environment.
We communicate this policy to our staff, customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders by means of our website and our staff policies. Technetix has a regular staff newsletter which keeps employees updated with latest developments. We train all our employees on corporate social responsibility topics and actively seek to raise awareness of any negative impacts of our business and methods to reduce them.
Our CSR principles
Technetix requires the highest possible standards of professional and ethical conduct from all its employees, contractors, customers, suppliers and other third parties. All employees are expected not to act in such a way as to compromise our company’s integrity.
We actively promote respect between our staff members in their dealings with each other and with third parties.
At Technetix, we are very proud of our employees - we believe that people lie at the heart of our business and focus on recruiting and retaining outstanding individuals.
We offer our staff a positive and healthy working environment in which all employees are treated with respect and given the opportunity to develop. We have an open, friendly and inclusive culture that supports teamwork as well as empowering people to achieve their potential.
We embrace diversity and are committed to providing an environment where all staff are treated equally regardless of their racial group, colour, ethnic or national origin, nationality, religion or belief, age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, disability or marital status. We consider all staff members to be equal and we aim to create a working environment which is free of unlawful discrimination. This is expressed in our Equality and Diversity Policy.
In considering the impact Technetix has in all the communities in which we operate, we have resolved to sponsor or otherwise support local charities.
We allow members of staff time off work to enable them to carry out work in support of their chosen charity and to encourage dialogue with local communities and groups for mutual benefit.
Chestnut Tree House
“On behalf of everyone at Chestnut Tree House, I would like to say a big thank you to everyone at Technetix for your continued support over an incredible 10 years! From getting involved with our ‘Bag it and Give’ scheme to volunteering at the hospice and putting on fundraising events, your support has made a big difference to children and families in your local community,” says Alison Taylor, Corporate Fundraising Manager at Chestnut Tree House. “We receive very little of our funding from central government, so we rely on businesses like you to help us provide hospice care to those who need it. Thank you. You make children’s hospice care possible.”
At Technetix we are committed to delivering a high level of service to all our customers. This is embedded in our ISO 9001:2015 certified management system.
We listen carefully to our customers and work with them to develop innovative solutions that deliver the best possible results.
We closely monitor our customer delivery and quality performance and seek to resolve any issues.
We seek feedback from our customers to help us drive continual improvement in our products and services.
We strive to deliver a consistent, professional, and courteous service.
“Technetix’ technical expertise and quality control procedures are all excellent. It isn’t just distribution, it also offers a sort of consultancy - advice on what to buy based on its knowledge of our network.”
We are committed to eliminating unlawful discrimination and to promoting equality and diversity in our professional dealings with suppliers and other third parties. We are committed to working only with business partners whose standards are consistent with our own and who respect our principles. All Technetix partners must adhere to the following as a minimum:
- Labour rights - ensure fair labour conditions, in particular refrain from employment discrimination, respect the rights of employees to freely associate and bargain collectively, do not tolerate or use child labour, do not use any forced labour, compensate employees fairly and ensure that working hours do not exceed applicable legal requirements. This is fully outlined in our Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement.
- Health, safety and environment - provide a safe and healthy workplace for all employees and conduct business in an environmentally sustainable way.
- Business ethics – all dealings to be conducted in an ethical, transparent and fair manner. All our partners are required to comply with the Technetix Anti-Bribery Policy and/or demonstrate that similar policies are implemented and enforced.
- Material compliance and conflict minerals - comply with regulatory and customer requirements regarding the prohibition and restriction of substances, including hazardous substances and conflict minerals.
This is fully expressed in our Supplier Code of Conduct. We endeavour to enter into clear and fair contracts with our suppliers. Wherever possible, we aim to support the local economy by contracting with local suppliers.
We are committed to minimising our impact on the environment and continuously improving our environmental performance. We aim to achieve this by:
- Minimising any waste produced at our sites and encouraging high levels of recycling.
- Reducing plastic used in our packaging. We continuously review our product lines and working practices to minimise single use plastics in the supply chain. Technetix works closely with customers to lessen our impact on the environment.
- Reducing the carbon footprint of our operations including sourcing our energy through green suppliers, monitoring our energy usage, fitting energy efficient equipment on our sites and ensuring that electronic equipment is off when not in use.
- Improving our product design to reduce the environmental impact of our product lifecycles and improve the efficiency of our customers’ networks. Technetix is continually developing solutions which minimise energy usage whilst maintaining maximum product performance.
- Adopting and maintaining an environmental management system certified to the international standard ISO 14001:2015.
- Selecting manufacturing partners who are also ISO 14001:2015 certified, giving us confidence that our supply chain is continuously driving to improve its environmental performance.
- Encouraging staff to walk, use public transport, cycle to work, or car share when possible and use online meetings to prevent unnecessary business travel.